Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This weekend.

Things to do in Ballarat this weekend (apart from just snuggling up out of the cold...) :

SATURDAY :


Great Collections
A Museum and Galleries NSW Touring Exhibition
Art Gallery of Ballarat, Free Entry.


SATURDAY NIGHT :



Ratstock : Ballarat musicians showcase
Peter Lalor Hotel, Corner Mair/Armstrong St, Ballarat
6pm onwards / $12

IMMACULATA / CHASE NATION / VITAMIN K / X’s & O’s / MONTH OF SUNDAYS / PATRICK MC CABE / MICK DOG


SUNDAY :

Pleasant St Markets
10 am - 2pm, Pleasant St Primary School, Lake Wendouree, Ballarat.

Selling a diverse range of unique art, craft, fresh produce and fantastic food... live music... live art....workshops for kids...face painting...circus performance and community groups. They have snack food, sausage sizzle, Indian food and Dutch pancakes.
There is a playground and jumping castle for the kids. The market has been running for 20 years. Home made, home grown, home sewn. Over 130 market stalls, raising money for school improvements.

-----

Sure to be a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I've been to Pleasant St Market, but I'll admit it's not one of my favourites. There were too many ratty kids running around. I'd rather drive to Daylesford for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on Immaculata, not many opportunities to see this classic Ballarat cult band playing locally these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been studying up in preparation for my tour of Great Collections. I hope nobody turns up so I can just guide myself around the gallery! See you there tonight :)

    ReplyDelete