Thursday, May 14, 2009

Current Thoughts

Winter is starting to set in, and due to a number of circumstances, I haven't left my house since Sunday afternoon.

There's something so nice about lazy days at home in front of the heater, designing away and drinking lots of cups of tea.



In the meantime, I have been completely and utterly obsessed with the Australian TV show 'Love My Way' - Claudia Karvan is one of my all-time crushes, from her days on Secret Life of Us, and her role as the neurotic and totally lovely Frankie in Love My Way. I don't think anything will surpass the first season of this series, but it's an interesting journey all the main characters take - though sometimes I just felt myself getting too frustrated by their many flaws. All round, an amazing show that I'm sure I'll be watching over and over again - I did buy the DVD!



I'm also completely in love with The Middle East's song 'Blood' - reminds me of The Arcade Fire, one of my favourite bands. Lovely and delicate, and the ending of this song is brilliant. I'd love to see these guys - But they've already sold out their show at the Northcoate Hotel! Another time. I doubt they're going to be going anywhere soon.

And I'm still debating going to this festival in Bendigo this Saturday :

Fantastic lineup... though I have seen a lot of these bands live. I think it would be pretty good really, just wish it was in Ballarat instead!

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving The Middle East!! Arcade Fire is one of my favourite bands of all time! Thanks for the link love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg! They're pretty rad, and I think from Toowomba or somewhere equally bizaree like that. They're playing at Splendor, would love to see them...

    Arcade Fire are one of my faves, too. I've seriously been talking about them constantly today. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link Sophie! The vocalist has a really distinct sound - I like it.
    Groove In The Moo has a fantastic lineup, but it's going to be wet. If that doesn't bother you, I would definetely go (also, Okkervil River! ^_^).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, they're great - bought their EP from JB on the weekend, I can give you a copy if you like. Lovely.

    Didn't end up Grooving on a Moo. Too cold. Had a weekend of warmth instead. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete