Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To my dearest...





My lovely Nanna, who lives in South Australia, has recently moved from her family home and into a nursing home, and I have been lucky enough to be given some treasures from her house. Among some of the beautiful old bits and pieces are an amazing collection of postcards and old family photographs.

This cigarette tin and album are full of the most beautiful, delicate notecards and photographs, the detail in them are amazing. I'm fascinated by the precise handwriting and illustrations, and the fact that this was the way that people kept in contact.

They're so precious, I feel so lucky to be looking after them. What a wonderful source of inspiration.









2 comments:

  1. I was really excited when I read this post because when I was at my mum's last weekend I went through my old boxes and found all my dad and grandparents birthday cards up to the age of 5. So basically I've got these stack of gorgeous vintage baby boy and birthday cards ranging from the 1930s to the 1960s but didn't know what to do with them. Now I'll definitely take some photos and take it from there.
    I really wanted to frame some because they're just gorgeous.
    What are you going to do with yours, Soph? I love the albums, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete