Tuesday, June 30, 2009

workaholic

Jobs that I have worked in my life (up to now) :

1. Basketball Umpire
2. Canteen Retail
3. Toyworld "Fun time expert"
4. Tomato packer/sorter
5. Visual Merchandiser
6. Bartender
7. Waitress
8. Abbotoir Employee
9. Graphic Designer
10. Photo Editor
11. Medical Receptionist
12. Usher
13. Optical Dispenser
14. Barista
15. Information Service Officer
16. Gallery Customer Service Officer
17. Usher
18. Data Entry
19. Babysitter
20. Face-painter
21. Tutor
22. Freelance Designer

22 Jobs in 22 years.

Time for a new one to add to that list... staying with Gallery/Eureka Centre/Her Majesty's, but looking for part time work to fill the gaps between that and freelance design. Phew.

And now I can't get Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" out of my head...

7 comments:

  1. 3. Toyworld "Fun time expert"
    No way! What did that involve? Please tell me it involved Ninja Turtles.

    12. Usher
    As in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usher_(entertainer)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked for 7 years in a Toy Shop. Hells yes it involved Ninja Turtles, and a whole range of assorted AWESOME!

    Hahaha, yes, and I had a successful career as an African-American R'n'B Musician, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very surprised by number 8. I hope it wasn't too traumatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, yeah, wasn't too bad. Was mostly in the freezers and in the lab doing data entry... or doing tests around the plant in all the different rooms. The "offal" room, and the "kill floor" were my two favourites. haha.

    Character building, or something. Was easy money on school holidays, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, thats a lot of jobs! i love the fun time expert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa I've only ever had 2 jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, yeah Toyworld was the best! So much fun, I was there for 7 years!

    ReplyDelete